- 1 1lb dried black beans
- 2 small onions
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp salt
- Soak beans in water overnight. Water should be 2 inches above beans.
- Rinse beans in water and drain three times.
- Dice onions, separating in half.
- Slice garlic.
- Put beans in pot with 2 quarts of water. Add one onion (half of diced onions) and garlic.
- Cover pot and boil for 1 1/2-2 hours or until tender.
- Strain beans and add to food processor with a little water.
- Puree beans.
- Saute remaining onion until soft.
- Add beans and cook over medium heat for 8 minutes.